It was replaced by a proper Manji Sahib by Maharaja Karam Singh of Patiala (1798-1845), who also made an endowment of 500 bighas of land. Under postIndependence tenancy laws, the tenants became owners of all but seven bighds. The building was reconstructed by Sant Chhota Singh (d. 1975) who looked after the shrine for two decades. A small square room, constructed over the spot where he was cremated, is being developed into a picture gallery containing paintings of scenes from Sikh history. The main building consists of a square assembly hall, with the sanctum in the centre marking the site of the original Manji Sahib. A domed square room has been constructed on the first floor over the sanctum. The Gurdwara is managed by a committee of local Sikhs.
References :
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Tun`inkh Curdudnnn. Amrilsar, n.d.
2. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tiralli Sanf^`tihi. Ainritsai, n.d.