RALIA, village 14 km north of Mansa (29° 59`N, 75° 23`E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur, who visited it during his travels across southeastern Punjab. The shrine established to commemorate the visit was for along time controlled by anchorites of the Nath cult. It was only after 1947 that the local Sikh sangat assumed possession and converted it into a gurudwara named Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi IX. The present building, completed on 7 September 1953, consists of a flat roofed hall, with a verandah on three sides and a few ancillary rooms across a brickpaved compound. The shrine is administered by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
UGANI, a small village 10 km from Rajpura (30°28`N, 76°37`E), in Patiala district, has its twin shrines dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh. Both are located in the same building, constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh of Patiala (1798-1845). The Gurdwara comprises three small rooms in a row. The rooms on the sides have low domes above them and low platforms within. The one on the right is dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur ; the next building is dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh. The Guru Granth Sahib is seated in the flatroofed room in the middle. The Gurdwara is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
DIRHBA, an old town 30 km southeast of Sangrur (30° 14`N, 75°50`E) in the Punjab, has a historical shrine commemorating the visit of Guru Tegh Bahadur during the third quarter of the seventeenth century. It is known as Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi IX and is situated on the bank of a deep pond on the northwestern outskirts of the town where the Guru is believed to have encamped. The sanctum is in the middle one of the three small cubicles built in a row.
GONDPUR, village 22 km south of Hoshiarpur (31°32`N, 75°55`E), in the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Tahli Sahib, dedicated to Guru Hargobind, who came here from Pur Hi ran on his way to Kiratpur and stayed in a grove of tdhfi trees. A platform was raised on the site amid the grove as a memorial which came to be called Guru kian Tahlian. The platform was later replaced by a gurudwara. The present building, constructed in 1930, is a rectangular hall, with a sanctum at the northern end. A square room with a lotus dome above it tops the sanctum. In the adjoining compound are the Guru ka Langar and rooms for the grantht.
HAR RAIPUR, a village 19 km north of Bathinda (30°14`N, 74°59`E), is sacred to Guru Har Rai, who once stopped here during his travels across the Malva region. The old name of the village, still current in popular usage, was Bhokhn. It was changed during the late 1960`s to Har Raipur in honour of Guru Har Rai. Guru Gobind Singh is also said to have visited Bhokhn. The present building of Gurdwara Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib, 400 metres to the northwest of the village, was constructed in 1928.
PHALLEVAL, village in Ludhiana district about 3 km south of Gujjaival, lias a historical shrine, Guidwaia Patshahi Chhevin, commemorating the visit of Guru Hargobind dining his lour of the Malva in 1631. One Chaudhari Kanhaiva is said to have served tile Guru will devotion and presented to him a horse, i bow and a quiver with 360 arrows. The Guru in turn blessed him with a turban and a dagger. The shrine established here was for a long time under Udasi priests, who surrendered its control to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee only after a lengthy civil suit.