BAD TIRATH SAHIB GURUDWARA, VILLAGE HARIPURA Gurdwara Bad Tirath Sahib is associated with the First Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji as well as the Tenth Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji. A deep pool of water to the north of the village, was an ancient place of pilgrimage known as Bad Tirath. Guru Nanak Dev Ji along with Bala and Mardana , visited this place during his First Udasi while Guru Gobind Singh Ji came here after the battle of Muktsar. When Guru Nanak Dev Ji came here, a demon, or a rakhsasa, had terrorized the people of village Haripura. The villagers narrated their tale of woe to Guru Ji, who blessed them and told them not to worry hence forth.
GURUMUKHI DIN PATRI, lit. a calendar or daily diary (patn) in Gurmukhi characters, is a manuscript reporting some of the events of Maharaja Ranjit Singh`s reign from AD 1805 onwards. The author is one Ram Singh, perhaps a resident of Amritsar, for he narrates events occurring at Amritsar in greater detail than those at other places. A photo copy of this manuscript, the original of which was at the Panjab University, Lahore, is preserved in the Khalsa College, Amritsar, under MS. No 1796. It contains 51 folios, i.e. 102 pages, each page comprising 14 lines.
JAIMAL SINGH BHURFVALE, SANT (d. 1976), known for his austere living and dedication to send or holy service, was the son of Bhai Sher Singh, a shopkeeper of Chakval, a lahsil town in Jchlum district of the Punjab, now in Pakistan. Born in theearly years of the twentieth century, Jaimal Singh came under the influence of Sant Gopal Singh of Chakval who taught him to read Gurmukhi and the sacred texts. As he came of age, he left his native place and came to live at Amritsar sometime during 1930-31. He lived in a small hut near Gurdwara Ramsar, and worked as a porter.
KHEM KARAN (31°8`N, 74°3`E), a small border town in Ainritsar district of the Punjab, has two historical shrines dedicated one each to Guru Amar Das and Guru Tegh Bahadur. GURDWARA THAMM SAHIB, near the Kasur Gate, marks the site of a manjior preaching centre established by Guru Amar Das (1479-1574) through Bhai Kheda, a Brahman worshipper of goddess Durga converted to Sikhism. The Guru had given to Bhai Kheda a log pillar (thamm in Punjabi) which, preserved as a sacred relic, gave the shrine its name.